Simple steps can make a world of difference, so don’t forget:
• Never ignore software updates – they contain patches that keep you and your school secure
• Always lock your device when you’re not using it
• Only download apps and software from official app stores like Google Play or Apple’s App Store
• Don’t share accounts with others
• If it looks strange, get a second opinion
Whether you’re an online expert or you’re not sure where to start, our tools and advice will help you keep your child safe
Thinkuknow is the education programme from NCA-CEOP, a UK organisation which protects children both online and offline.
All things safety for young people.
See our advice to understand what you can do to give young children the best experience of going online.
Keeping under fives safe online.
Films, storybooks and other fun sites, with plenty of information to help you enjoy your time online and stay safe on the internet.
It’s not always easy to know what’s safe online and what’s not. Our advice can help you to keep safe and to know what to do when things go wrong.