Class 3 Teacher
Hello Class 3.
Learning for Thursday 02-04-2020
- PE with Joe Wicks at 9am or try a Go Noodle: Chilli Chilli is a good one!
- 3o minutes on Maths Whizz
- 15 minutes on TT Rockstars and try the Arena at 11am to play your friends at Wembley
- Work from The BFG ( includes English and art)
- Don’t forget to keep up with your Home Reading and let me know if you reach a target.
2 children have reached their 100 Home Reading Target this week and have a book mark coming to them. Well done! 🙂
Learning for Wednesday 01-04-2020
Learn this rhyme:
30 days have September, April, June and November,
All the rest have 31,
Except February alone,
Which has 28 each year,
And 29 each Leap year.
There will be work on this later in the week. Check you can spell each month with a capital letter.
- Purple Mash activities on Time. Some are revision and some are not. If they will not save or submit, photograph them or email in and let me know you have done them.
Do this work on the sheet if you can print it off. Write the sentences in your exercise book.
- Read Chapter 3 The Snatch – Look back again for the verbs in this chapter and see if you can work out the spelling rules. Discuss them with an adult.
Try to pull a safe April fool trick on someone in your family. If you can, send me an email to tell me what you did, or what someone did to you!
Learning for Tuesday 31-03-2020
- 30 minutes Maths Whizz
- 15 minutes TT Rockstars Try going on the Arena at 11am to play your friends on Wembley
- Work from The BFG Chapter 2
Why not try a Go Noodle? You should be able to find them by going on Google. Try Go Noodle- Purple Stew or Banana, banana, Meatballls
Have fun! I am looking forward to seeing what you pack…
Learning for Monday 30-03-2020
- 30 minutes Maths Whizz
- Work from The BFG Chapter 1 (Includes English and art)
Remember to keep notes this week ready for Friday’s diary entry: things you have done, things you have enjoyed, people and things you have seen (virtually or when walking) and your thoughts and feelings as you move through the week. It might be a good idea to draft a paragraph about the weekend today so you don’t forget it by Friday.
Purple Mash- there are still some fun activities on which you might like to complete. If they don’t submit, just save them and send me a photo.
Don’t forget to keep up with your Home Reading 🙂
This Term we have learning about ‘How the Romans influenced Britain’. We have covered areas such as The Roman Empire (which we developed into a modern day activity to see how much of the world we could conquer; using our compass directions and positional language), The Roman Army (where we designed and made our Roman shields), Roman Roads (mapping them on a map of Britain), Boudica and have moved on to look at leisure facilities such as the famous Roman Baths and are yet to cover Roman gods. We are hoping to experience Roman Day where we will have a taste of a Roman banquet and study their menus and diet.
In Forest School, we considered how the Romans moved large objects, working as a team and showed resilience until we came up with the idea of a rolling road. We also worked in teams, being resourceful and collecting materials from the surroundings to produce a miniature Roman Villa, complete with a pool!
We have enjoyed learning more about Roman life through our text ‘Escape from Pompeii’ and linked a lot of theme learning to the book, as well as linking it to our previous theme ‘What Makes the Earth Angry?’ (where we had already learned about volcanoes) so were able to understand more about Mount Vesuvius erupting.
This Half term we have moved on to a new Science topic ‘Light’.
Here the children can be seen working on some writing linked to the text ‘Orion and the Dark.